Followers

Saturday, October 27

What I wore: Gatsby.



Its a given I'm reading a F.Scott Fitzgerald novel at the moment, I mean, just look at the way I'm dressed. I can't help it! 

I find myself wanting to speak in 1920's grammar. Anyone else experiencing this?   

So, my outfit, I shouldn't have to explain. Brogues, floaty lacy things, pin curls, you get the gist. I'm totally hooked. Just don't let me dress like a flapper...in the day (evening is fine, I'm guessing). 



Blazer- Instant Vintage.
Scarf- Peacocks.
Dress- A shop in Soho, NY (around 5 years ago!)
Leggings- M&S
Bag- Mulberry
Brouges- L.K. Bennett






Behind the scenes: No, I'm not clutching my non pregnant belly, I'm in fact taking a picture of my outfit (birds eye view styley), so I can post it on twitter #truestory. 


My handbag, is one of my most precious things. A present from my mum and dad for my 21st. I didn't ask for it, and I think I nearly cried tears of joy. Edna (mulberry named her, not me!), is just stunning. 

XxX

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and the F. Scott Fitzgerald theme. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this! the floaty dress is perfect and this is something id totally wear. And yes, when i read books like that it makes me want to speak the lingo, i read The Help recently and felt like i was going to end up speaking like a 1950's black lady lol! I am yet to read The Great Gatsby but it is on my Must read list.

    ReplyDelete

House of Swoon A self confessed, fashion obsessed, twenty-something frmo Bath, England